By making any Booking with us, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them.
Making a Booking
- To be eligible to make a Booking and enter into a Rental Contract you must:
1.1 be 18 years of age or over and have the legal capacity to enter into legally binding agreements;
1.2 provide your real name, phone number, email address and other requested information when requesting a Booking via the webite, or by email, or by telephone; and
1.3 possess a valid payment method such as a valid debit or credit card or PayPal or any other digital option.
- You may make a Booking directly using our Site or by contacting us by telephone or by email using the contact details in the Contact Us page.
- If you provide your Booking details to us via the site, or by email, we will notify you via email confirming, or rejecting your booking. If your Booking is confirmed we will contact you separately with payment details for Deposit and Rental Balance.
- By making a Booking with us you are making an offer to:
4.1 receive our Booking Service and make payment to us (at the relevant time) in respect of the Rental Services;
4.2 enter into a Rental Contract with us in relation to the Property; and,
4.3 pay us all amounts due in respect of the Deposit and Rental Charges.
Fees, charges and payment
- The Rental Charges as quoted on this site from time to time and, unless otherwise stated, are quoted in pounds sterling. We use our best efforts to ensure that these are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the website. However, it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the rental fees and charges on the Site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check these prices as part of our confirmation procedures so that:
5.1 where the actual Rental Charges or other fees are less than those quoted on the Site at the time you made your Booking, we will charge the lower amount when confirming the Booking to you; and
5.2 where the actual Rental Charges or other fees are higher than those quoted on the Site at the time you made your Booking, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to book the Property at the correct (higher) price or cancelling your Booking. We will not process your Booking until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the Booking process, we will treat the Booking as cancelled and notify you in writing.
- The fees and charges may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any Booking which we have confirmed with a Booking Confirmation and for which you have paid a Deposit.
- All Rental Charges and any other fees and charges quoted on this Site include VAT, where applicable.
- If you are paying a Deposit rather than the entire Rental Charges when making your Booking, you will also be notified with the date by which you will need to make payment to us for the Rental Balance. Please note, we may (but are not obliged to) contact you to remind you of the due date for payment of the Rental Balance.
Your right to cancel or transfer a Booking
- Please check all the details in your Booking Confirmation promptly after receiving the confirmation and notify us as soon as possible if you think we have made any mistakes or errors with your Booking.
- Please contact us directly using the contact details in the Contact Us page if you would like to amend your Booking. If we agree to amend the Booking, additional charges including additional Rental Charges and/or an administration fee may also be payable to cover our costs of making the amendment. This does not affect your legal rights.
- After you receive your Booking Confirmation and have paid the deposit:
11.1 you will not be entitled to cancel the Booking Services for a particular Booking and obtain a refund as we will already have completed the provision of the Booking Services for that Booking; and
11.2 you will not have a legal right to cancel the Rental Contract as the Rental Services provided under it are accommodation and leisure services for which the contract provides a specific period of performance. You may, however, end the Rental Contract in accordance with the section “Your rights as a consumer”.
- You may not transfer your Rental Contract to another person. If you do not stay at the Property during the Rental Period but your Guests do, you will still be legally responsible for all your obligations under the Rental Contract and these Booking Conditions and your Guests’ compliance with them.
Cancellations of your Booking by us
- We may cancel your Booking if we become aware of any health and safety or quality-related issue with the Property or its immediate surroundings (for example contamination to the Property’s water supply);
- We may cancel your Booking due to circumstances or events outside our reasonable control.
- If we cancel a Booking in accordance with paragraphs 13 or 14, we may (but are not obliged to):
15.1 arrange alternative accommodation for you and your Guests of an equivalent type and standard in a similar location. We will not be liable for any costs associated with arranging alternative accommodation and such alternative may be subject to the payment of additional charges by you if the Rental Charges for the alternative are higher than those under the cancelled Booking; and/or
15.2 provide a refund of any amounts paid by you to us in relation to the cancelled Booking.
- You must make sure that all the information you provide to us in connection with your Booking is true, accurate, current and complete. If any of your details change (e.g. email address, postal address), you must promptly update your details.
- You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
- You promise to us that during the Rental Period:
18.1 that the number of people and pets occupying the Property will not exceed the number stated on in your Booking Confirmation;
18.2 that the Property will be used solely for the purpose of a holiday by you and your Guests;
18.3 that you will (and ensure that your Guests will) show all due consideration and respect for us and our representatives and neighbours or other persons or parties that have a connection with the Property. This includes refraining from abusing your stewardship of the Property or dangerous, offensive, violent or anti-social behaviour towards such persons or parties;
18.4 that you will (and ensure that your Guests will) use the Property and Rental Services lawfully, will not abuse any facilities provided as part of the Rental Services and will comply with any health and safety or other policies or instructions notified to you by us in connection with the Property or Rental Services;
18.5 to allow us or our representative to access the Property at any reasonable time during the Rental Period provided the we provide reasonable advance notice (except in emergencies);
18.6 to keep the Property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the Property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the Rental Period and to ensure that at the end of that period the Property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. We may make an additional, reasonable charge for professional cleaning after your and your Guests’ occupancy as may be required to return the Property to its original state of cleanliness and tidiness;
18.7 to report as soon as possible to us, or our representative, any breakages or damage caused by you or your Guests during the Rental Period. Without affecting any other remedies that we have under the Rental Contract, you promise to fully reimburse us for the cost of replacement or repair for such breakages or damage. We may collect such payments;
- We will:
19.1 perform the Rental Services using reasonable care and skill;
19.2 as soon as possible, notify you in writing of any changes to the description of the Property and/or Rental Services relating to your Booking which would make our descriptions of the Property inaccurate, incomplete or misleading;
19.3 ensure that the Property is vacant and that you and your Guests have exclusive access to the Property and Rental Services for the full period of the Rental Period;
19.4 ensure that suitable arrangements are in place for you to collect and return the keys/access cards for the Property;
19.5 not make any use of the Property (including conducting any viewings of the Property) during the Rental Period;
19.6 show all due consideration and respect to you and your Guests including refraining from any dangerous, offensive, violent or anti-social behaviour towards you and your Guests;
19.7 ensure that we, the Property, and the Rental Services comply with all applicable laws and regulations during the Rental Period;
19.8 comply with the terms of the Rental Contract and act in good faith at all times;
19.9 respond to queries, complaints and problems which arise during or after the Rental Period and use our best efforts to resolve them; and
19.10 if VAT forms part of the Rental Charges, we provide you with a VAT invoice at your written request.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Rental Services including the right to receive the Rental Services supplied with reasonable skill and care.
- If either you or we fail to comply with the terms of the Rental Contract, including these Booking Conditions, neither you nor us shall be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result, except for those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with those terms. Losses are foreseeable where they were contemplated by you and us at the time we accept a Booking made by you.
Your rights as a consumer
- We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with our respective contracts with you. You have certain legal rights as a consumer under the law and nothing in these Booking Conditions affects your legal rights. Advice about your legal rights in relation to the services we provide is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.